We are conducting a search for a General Manager for our client, a well respected retail organization with multiple locations in Texas.
The General Manager oversees and manages the operation of the dealership. Responsible for maximizing return on investment, profit and loss, daily operation, planning, development, and implementation of marketing plans for both short-term and long-term growth. Has direct responsibility for managing and controlling company assets, as well as managing and developing employees for future growth.
- Provides direction and coordination for all areas of dealership operation.
- Establishes and communicates operating policies and procedures for dealership.
- Ensures departments maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Maintains records, controls and requests reports from subordinates to evaluate dealership performance.
- Holds department managers accountable for established monthly and annual objectives and financial goals.
- Approves all major departmental expenditures.
- In collaboration with the Dealer Principal, makes recommendations/changes to the operating plan and related budgets.
- Sets policies, procedures and processes for dealership.
- Coaches, counsels and evaluates direct reports.
- Manages recruitment, interviewing, hiring and termination of staff.
- Conducts performance reviews on a regular basis for direct reports.
- Sets and/or approves compensation plans for dealership employees.
- Provides appropriate training for management team to have the skills to do their job. (seminars, sales training, technical training, etc.)
- Holds management accountable for leading their people.
- Delegates responsibility to managers as needed.
- Manages conflicts between departments and individuals within the dealership.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Seven years or more of progressive management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all financial and management aspects of a multi-million dollar business.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, manage, and retain quality employees.
- Auto dealership management experience preferred but retail management experience will be seriously considered.
Please email resume to Carmela Freier at email@example.com